CME Pediatric Partnership Courses
What is a CME Pediatric Partnership Course?
Designed for pediatricians, family physicians, internists, and other ancillary health providers who care for children, CME Pediatric Partnership courses feature expert faculty presenting topics that highlight current medical issues. The Partnership was formed with the goal of providing top-quality education close to your office, and there is no charge for the CME credit provided.
Learning needs are identified by physicians groups and a course is designed around chosen concepts with the aim of improving medical practice. Each course combines an interactive lecture and question-and-answer period to allow you the opportunity to interact directly with faculty in solving the problems you encounter in daily practice. CME Pediatric Partnership courses are jointly sponsored by Primary Children’s Hospital, the University of Utah Department of Pediatrics, Intermountain Pediatric Clinical Programs, and the Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
This activity has been planned in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Primary Children’s Hospital, the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Utah School of Medicine, and the Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Primary Children’s Hospital is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Primary Children’s Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Some possible topics include
- Initial Evaluation & Management of Child/Adolescent with New Onset Seizures or Headaches
- ADHD Management
- Adolescent Girls: Guidelines for Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing & Treatment
- Advanced Shock Concepts
- Achieving Asthma Control
- Tips for Recognition of Physical Abuse
- Change Your Lifestyle: Motivational Interviewing for Obese Patients
- Chronic Abdominal Pain in Children
- Contraception in Adolescents
- Cultural Competence & Mutual Respect in Healthcare
- Congenital Heart Disease in the Practice Setting
- Evidence Based Care of the Febrile Infant
- Failure to Thrive
- Health Reform Implementation in Utah
- Long-term Outcome of Prematurely Born Infants
- Management of Common Behavior Dilemmas
- Medical Error: Physician Apology and/or Disclosure
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- PASS Initiative: Brief Motivational Interviewing & System Change Interventions for Secondhand Smoke
- Pediatric Emergencies in the Primary Care Setting
- Pediatric Epilepsy: An Update
- Pediatric Head Injury
- Pediatric Orthopaedics 101: What to Look For & When to Refer
- Pediatric Sleep Apnea
- Physicians Response to Patients who are Victims of Intimate Partner Violence
- Pneumonia in Children
- Sedation for Pediatric Medical Procedures
- Special Considerations for Teenage Mothers
- Teen Sex & Laws of Consent in Utah
- Youth Depression in the Primary Care Setting
- Hirschsprung’s Disease: Clinical Challenges
- Cranial Asymmetry in Infants
- AND more …
For more information or to schedule a CME Pediatric Partnership course, contact Alisa Stoddard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 968-3411.