Utah Chapter AAP Membership
Membership can mean…
- Increase your knowledge of and participation in policy and advocacy activities. The Chapter represents the needs of children and pediatricians on key state councils and committees.
- Increase involvement in the legislative arena to positively influence the payment for and quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in Utah.
- Build coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’s health and well-being.
- Participate in Chapter committees in areas of interest.
- Help mentor residents and medical students interested in pediatrics.
- Provide testimony on key issues to help develop pediatric policy at state level.
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests.
- Improve Chapter membership participation on national AAP affairs.
- Receive Chapter newsletter, emails and other informative mailings.
- Attend the annual Chapter Common Problems in Pediatrics Conference and earn CME credits.
- Request free, interactive CME courses on current medical issues to be presented close to your office.
- Participate in learning collaboratives to guide practices in quality improvement efforts.
- Participate in the Pediatric Research in the Office Setting and Utah Pediatric Practice Based Research Network.
Chapter Members are physicians who meet the following qualifications:
(1) Graduation from an accredited medical school; (2) Evidence of high ethical and professional standing and clinical experience; and (3) Training, experience or special interest in the health care of children.
Affiliate members are non-physician professionals who have training, experience or special interest in the health care of children and who reside in Utah.
Submit the information requested below and return with a copy of your (1) curriculum vitae, (2) evidence of membership in your respective state professional organization, (3) payment of annual dues.
Upon submission of either application you will be taken to a page and given the option to pay on-line, or pay by phone. Individuals who do not have an AAP shopping account will be asked to create an new account. Once that step has been completed, you select the membership dues payment type and check out.